– Cow-calf operation, meaning that a herd of Mother Cows is maintained to produce calves for sale
– Calves remain with their mother cow and herd on Pasture
In addition to the grass they eat on pasture, the calves are finished on hay & mixed grains which have been custom used on our farm for generations
– Free of added hormones and steroids
We believe in treating our livestock like we would our children. If a calf is ill, antibiotics may be used under the direction of a veterinarian to bring them back to health with minimal stress to the animal. Antibiotics are never administered in the absence of illness. If antibiotics are used, there is a withdrawal period before processing to ensure no antibiotics remain in the animal.
– locally born weaners raised in non-crowded, loose housing
– Raised in a loose housing environment with fresh bedding, water and air flow
Birds are raised at staggered times, to allow some to grow bigger. We do not feed hormones (or use other methods) to promote growth of the birds
ORDER YOUR 1/4 or Half a Beef Today!
We work closely with Zehr’s Country Market, in Dashwood, Ontario to process our cattle and pigs. Working with a small abattoir ensures that we can give detailed instructions for cutting, and preparation and wrapping. We choose to have our products vacuum sealed for maximum freshness. Our cattle hang for two weeks before being processed.
If you custom order a ¼ or ½ , we will allow you to work directly with the abattoir to give cutting and wrapping instructions.